Over the years, the focus and taxonomy of advising have evolved.
Committed to putting the student at the center, the network ensures that institutions integrate the needs and aspirations of their students into redesign efforts and provide students a seamless educational experience.
- The field saw the increase of predictive analytics used in advising practices
- The field promotes advising as an essential student success tool
- Campus leadership leverage advising to increase student retention and satisfaction
Integrated Student Support
- Advising is seen as a critical element of the student success ecosystem
- This orientation encourages collaboration across the campus community
Today: Holistic Advising
- Shift in focus to student-centered structures and processes
- Advising experience understood as inclusive of academic, career and basic needs
A Brief Overview of Women’s History Month
Published: March 29, 2023View More
Why choose an HBCU?
Published: June 27, 2022View More